Hazmat! Hazmat!

Something definitely worth playing.

I really enjoyed this game, the visuals were very nice to look at and the music was a delight. The levels were designed brilliantly, and the difficulty curve was very nice.

Graphics- Consistent visual style throughout, everything looked great. Simplistic style, although fit the game perfectly. I've also got to say, the bubbling green acid looked awesome.

The animated background seems a bit unnecessary, but to be honest I don't think the game would look great with a static colour background. Maybe a sort of, factory type backdrop? With pipes, little storage bays etc. Obviously this would have to keep in line with the simplistic style of the background.

Gameplay and controls- The gameplay and controls were very tight, and put in me in mind of some other brilliant platformers, especially Super Meat Boy. Good work. The various mechanics in the game were challenging without being too tedious, just like Super Meat Boy. As I said earlier, the difficulty curve was very smooth as well. The fact that you could double jump adds a lot of different possibilities in gameplay.

Music and sounds- The music in the game was, again, keeping with the consistent 8 bit/retro style. The music did seem to get a bit annoying after a while, maybe a bit of variety would fix this.

Overall, a very fun platformer and I really enjoyed playing it. Final score- 9/10.

Friday: The Game Friday: The Game

Funny

Love games like this. Good work buddy, you should make more :D

Manly-Chicken responds:

i will :D

Death Unicorn of Death Death Unicorn of Death

Ruined.

This game had a lot of potential, the graphics were lovely and the music was ace.

But were all the motion blur and strobing effects really necessary? I know there was a warning at the start, but I didn't think it would be that bad.

Tower of Heaven Tower of Heaven

Awesome

And love the GB style graphics :D

Super Mario BP Oil Spill Super Mario BP Oil Spill

Great

Great idea and feels very authentic, the physics match the original NES game very well. Also, the custom 8bit graphics are lovely :D
Only downside is that its a bit repetitive after a while, but still very good time waster.

Minecraft Flash! (test) Minecraft Flash! (test)

Cool

Very good start! Obviously its going to capture the visual style of Minecraft seen as it uses the official sprites, but you've really done it well. Well done! Although I imagine to randomly generate levels (and do it well) would be very difficult in Actionscript, so the next steps would be make alot more 'levels' or 'screens' or whatever you want to call them, considering there are only two here. Side scrolling instead of transitions between screen would be brilliant!

So a little todo list for you, if you don't mind me saying ;)
(Don't have to take this advice, but if I were you, this is what I'd do)

-Ability to break any blocks, so then we could go underground!
-I'm sure placing and gathering blocks is already on the agenda!
-To make it more like survival and less like creative, perhaps the progression of destroying a block instead of it immediately getting destroyed as soon as its clicked.
-Mobs
-A crafting system would probably be difficult, but perhaps special items like weapons and saddles etc. could be found in chests underground? Guarded by mobs?
-Longer days and nights, probably already had that figured.

So theres some stuff to keep you busy! Brilliant start though very impressive, well done. :)

Kronzi responds:

I'll keep that in mind.

One Chance One Chance

Amazing

Really beautiful and moving game.
Well done!

Pico 2 8-Bit Pico 2 8-Bit

Meh

Boring. Buggy. Not a good game.

Killego Killego

Level Editor is good
100 Levels + Ones from the last game
Very Fun

Slightly Too Hard...
Editer is a bit clunky to use.

Score- 9/10
A great game, somehow not as addicting as the first. Moving pieces in the level editor with the mouse would be alot better!